The Support Specialist II will provide timely and accurate tier one / tier two technical support to all clients generated from calls and emails, as well as ticket escalations and management. The candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis, and resolve problems, which may range from the straightforward to more complicated technical issues. This position requires you to clearly record information, accurately assign priorities, and resolve or dispatch tickets to the next tier. Coverage model includes providing remote support as well as onsite support when the resolution to the client’s problem requires it.
Specialists will be responsible for managing their time appropriately, monitoring multiple assignment queues, their personal queue of open tickets, and to follow up to ensure timely incident resolution and customer satisfaction. The optimal candidate will have two years’ experience working in a fast-paced technical support environment with a proven track record of having excelled in maintaining high first-call resolution rate and exceeding performance metrics for utilization.
- AD and DNS issues/changes
- Meraki Firewall Installation
- Install/troubleshoot server antivirus including Kaspersky
- Install and troubleshoot 3rd party applications
- Install Open Mesh switches
- Troubleshoot POS systems
- Office 365
- Troubleshoot down network and/ or services
- Troubleshoot wireless networks
- Virtual server maintenance (VMware experience preferred)
- Server installation/migration
- Participation in the proper onboarding and training of new employees.
- Write technical documentation to be published in the knowledge base as support procedures for ThinkIT customers.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the ThinkIT.
- Communicate problem trends and unresolved problems to other MSC staff and management, including escalation using the clients' on-call process when necessary.
- Monitor ThinkIT corporate email regularly to maintain current knowledge of internal and customer maintenance and outage scheduling, changes to processes and procedures and other constantly changing information.
- Keep an open mind, positive attitude, and contribute to team comradery to effectively meet goals and expectations
While On-Call, technicians are responsible for working overtime as needed to assist in providing coverage for open shifts on weekends and as a result of call-outs and PTO.
- Must have a reliable car
- College degree, technical school, or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent oral, organizational and written communication skills.
- Microsoft MCSA certification preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in a Help Desk/Support or other IT role
- Advanced knowledge of PCs, operating systems, applications, networks, and hardware concepts
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently without being prompted and with others to achieve team goals
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, customers, and management
At thinkit Solutions (Louisiana), LLC, we start by understanding your business needs. Then, we’ll analyze your current solutions, what’s missing and how you could be more efficient. Finally, we’ll provide best-in-class technology and support to meet your current needs, streamline processes and position you to meet future goals.
Role: Support Specialist II
Location: New Orleans,
Apply for this job now.