The Electronics Engineer will be responsible for electrical designs and embedded systems programming as part of a multi-disciplinary team. He/she will also provide support for manufacturing and service when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· New product development and improvements to existing products.
· Microprocessor control and PLC control programming.
· Design electrical boards to component level and develop interface with display screens.
· Work with vendors to resolve quality issues and to identify new electronics components.
· Work with customers on an as needed basis to solve specific issues.
· Prepare design documentations and engineering specifications according to company standards.
· Work as a team player with R&D, Manufacturing, Sales, and Management.
· Adhere to all ISO 9001 policies and procedures
· Others duties as assigned by VP of Production.
· Work experience with CAD and schematic capture (circuit simulation a plus).
· Provide support to Service Technician with equipment repairs and trouble shooting for electronics/electrical issues as needed.
· Provide support to Manufacturing with electronics trouble shooting and evaluation of component quality and function as needed
· Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering plus 3-5 years relevant expertise. (We will consider candidates with Associates Degree with higher level of relevant experience and expertise.)
· Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Strong computer and programming skills for embedded microprocessor systems. ( C++ environment)
· Engineering prototyping skills.
· Experience with AC and DC motors and controls a plus.
· Good knowledge in the use of electronic testing equipment; oscilloscopes, voltmeters, power supplies and the like.
· Must be willing to do hands on development and testing work.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills essential. Must be a team player.
· Some mechanical assembly work related to building prototypes for test of electronic systems
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
· Occasional standing, walking, crouching, and kneeling.
· Reach with hands and arms, grasping objects, and feeling objects for size, shape, and temperature.
· Talking, hearing, and visual inspection of parts, measuring devices, and product testing
· Repetitive movement of hands and fingers - typing, writing, and product assembly
· Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tools and equipment used in this job include:
- Hand tools
- Electronics testing equipment
- Rolling carts for moving equipment
Work is performed in a climate controlled, indoor environment. However, the Electronics Engineer may be subject to a work hazard with electrical currents and product testing.
Self-driven with a positive outlook, able to work equally well as an individual or as part of a team. Good communicator, well presented and business-like. Keen for new experience, responsibility, to develop new skills and expand knowledge base.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
SPEX SamplePrep, LLC was founded in 1954 to manufacture superior sample preparation equipment and supplies for spectroscopists. Our equipment is used to prepare samples for a wide range of analytical technologies, including XRF, ICP, GC-MS and PCR. We are the industry standard for reliability and durability in the laboratory, and our products have been used in landmark studies such as analysis of the moon rocks brought back by NASA and identification of the remains of Czar Nicholas II and his family.
Today, SPEX SamplePrep continues to explore new, innovative applications for our products while developing new products for emerging sample preparation needs. Our expertise and products can help you achieve accurate, consistent results by ensuring reproducible sample preparation and analysis.
Role: Electronics Engineer
Apply for this job now.