Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Finance: Care & Corporate Services on a full time, permanent basis based in Waterloo, London. In return you will receive a competitive salary.
About the Head of Finance: Care & Corporate Services role:
As our Head of Finance: Care & Corporate Services, you will use your skills and expertise to Lead, manage and motivate the Finance Business Partnering and Management Reporting team, ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement, and a commitment to continual improvement.
This is a senior level opportunity to take the lead on evolving and driving the finance function to facilitate the business’s ongoing transformation mission, delivering a best-in-class function.
What we're looking for in our Head of Finance: Care & Corporate Services:
- A qualified CCAB Accountant with substantial post qualification experience
- Experienced in Finance Business Partnering and management accounting / business reporting role(s), where you have taken the lead on management accounts production, reporting and budget setting
- A confident communicator at all levels, communicating with gravitas and diplomacy
- A compelling desire to produce well-written, well-presented reports that focus on the important things
- Customer focused, with powers of persuasion, and your talent for working with people at all levels of the business will shine through in your personality and career history
What you can expect to be doing as our Head of Finance: Care & Corporate Services:
- Leading, managing and motivating the Finance Business Partnering and Management Reporting team, ensuring that there is a culture of high performance, strong engagement, and a commitment to continual improvement
- Ensuring the production of accurate, reliable, and timely financial information, analysis and reports that allow the Executive Directors, Directors, and Budget Holders to strategically manage their business areas
- Overseeing and upholding an effective and stable control environment that adheres to Group policies whilst not acting as a burden on business processes
- Becoming embedded in the business areas - acting as a trusted advisor, providing proactive expert advice, support, and challenge; plus being the conduit for the wider finance directorate
- Leading the Care and Corporate Services directorates through the annual budget setting and forecasting process
- Ensuring processes and systems support the team and the business information requirements and take action to address process/system inefficiencies
- Ensuring that finance business partners collaboratively work with other business partners across the organisation, such as in Communications, IT, and the People Team, to ensure a joined up and consistent approach for the Group
Closing date: Wednesday 28th September 2022
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Head of Finance: Care & Corporate Services, please click ‘apply’ now!
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, an appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.