KS1 Learning Support Assistant
Pay £75-£85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is experience of supporting children with Autism and behavioural needs.
Contract dates: April 2021 - July 2021
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a specialist KS1 Learning Support Assistant to support a child on the autistic spectrum. The successful candidate will be based in class but may need to provide specific 1:1 time with this child out of class, if required. Ideal candidates will have experience of supporting children with ASD and be able to defuse challenging behaviour.
This is a primary school, located in the heart of Haringey, within Wood Green. There are 2 classes per year group, with support from extremely well-trained staff who contribute to the schools 'Outstanding' grading by Ofsted. Part of a reputable multi-academy trust, there are opportunities for future employment beyond the contracted date.
To be considered for the KS1 Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
- Have experience of supporting learners with severe autism
- Have worked in a similar role previously, although this is not essential
- Be able to commit to the duration of the booking
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
- As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a KS1 Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact us on #removed# and quote reference DDSTA 12796.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.