Company: BRISTAL ASSISTED LIVING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
At the present time we are looking for a creative, hands on Recreation Activities Assistant to assist in presenting and coordinating recreational programs for our Assisted Living and Alzheimer's Residents.
Full Time Schedule requires working one weekend day and evening shift per week for either a Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday schedule. Part Time hours also available for varied day shift, working one weekend day and evening shift per week
- One year prior experience working a geriatric population. (Alzheimer's/Dementia population experience a plus)
- At least 6 months of Recreation (art therapy, music therapy) or event leadership experience preferably in an Assisted Living/Long Term Care or similar industry setting
- Outgoing, warm and caring personality
- Ability to create a program to get Residents involved and excited.
- Dependable and able to supervise activities, special events and excursions for the Residents
- Creative talents in one or more areas such as art, music, readings, dance, etc
- Well groomed and properly attired, professional attitude
- Speak clearly and demonstrates good listening skills in person and on the phone
- Proven ability to lead classes / instructional learning sessions and speak in front of a group setting with ease and clarity
- High school diploma or equivalent at a minimum