Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £43,000 per annum
Lead, direct, evaluate and develop the Internal/External Sales Team, managing employee performance to ensure the delivery of the business' sales targets
- Complete induction, on boarding and probationary reviews in a timely manner.
- Evaluate individuals' performance and set both short-term and long-term performance targets.
- Conduct Performance reviews within timescales.
- Manage strong and poor performance.
- Manage attendance and timekeeping.
- Seek advice from HR, Occupational Health or other support agencies e.g. ACAS, EEF.
Contribute to planning and forecasting in order to implement the organisation's overall sales strategy
- Review current secured projects to prepare sales forecasts, budgets and KPI's
- Develop sales plans, activities and campaigns to identify and secure future opportunities
- Identify potential problem areas and adapt procedures or re-allocate resources to meet current and future business needs
- Maintain thorough understanding of the current market positioning in relation to the company's products and services
Negotiate high volume sales with existing and new customers who are of strategic importance to the organisation
- Research and identify prospective construction projects and the appropriate individuals to build relationships with
- Identify customer requirements through appropriate communication channels and refer if outside area of responsibility
- Support customer in understanding what they want from their project to suggest appropriate products
- Use the Pricing Bands guidelines to make decisions on what to quote the customer
- Suggest appropriate additional products and services
- Review status of quoted projects
- Identify open quotes and contact to enquire up to date customer requirements
- Ensure all lost quotes are captured in the appropriate system
- Maintain accurate contract files and diaries so that potential claims can be countered
Develop and maintain positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business
- Research and identify prospective customers
- Open and maintain effective communication channels
- Undertake regular customer/site visits
- Communicate customer feedback and information on customer and competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organisation so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer demands
- Anticipate customer needs to secure quotes before customers seek from our competitors
Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the market position for the company's pricing structure, products and services
- To continually research and develop an in depth knowledge of the market position for the group's products and services
- To evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the main competitors in the industry and recommend strategies to maintain the group's position relative to the competition
- Identifying opportunities for added value projects
- Provide support and feedback to the business' pricing system to ensure sustainable profitability
Support the needs of the business and activity of the Sales/Commercial Team
- Ensure the CRM system is maintained properly and re-occurring issues are highlighted with appropriate actions taken to provide a solution.
- Deal with any major queries or complaints when escalated as appropriate.
- Resolve problems and customer complaints
- Take appropriate action to avoid a customer complaint
- Work in conjunction with the credit control team to resolve credit issues
Miscellaneous or ad hoc business requirements
- Manage specific projects or undertake specific project activity as determined by the business or line manager.
- Travel to meetings, offices, construction sites and specific locations in order to undertake role requirements as required.
- Represent your function or business at meetings or events as required.
- Undertake any reasonable request in order to support the needs of the business.
Practical understanding of Construction Accessories & steel reinforcement
Knowledge of proprietary reinforcement products and solutions
3-5 years external sales experience
Salary: up to £43,000.00 per annum, plus 10% bonus & car allowance
- Working hours: 37.5 hours per week 8.30am to 4.30pm Mon-Fri, with a daily unpaid break of 30 minutes
- 34 days paid leave, including bank holidays and 2 week Christmas Shutdown
- Pension: auto-enrolment at 4%, matched by the Company up to 5%
- Life cover at three times basic salary
- Westfield Health cash plan
- Salary sacrifice electric vehicle lease scheme
- Annual C2W Scheme, Christmas Saving Scheme and Purchase Leave Scheme
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy