We are looking for Cold Heading Set up Operator to join our family owned business. Located in Chandler, AZ. Relocation package available after 90 day probationary period.
Experienced candidates will receive top pay, but must have aerospace and cold heading experience. IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERIENCED COLD HEADER, DO NOT APPLY. WE ARE NOT LOOKING TO TRAIN FOR THIS POSITION. Candidate must be able to set up a variety of cold heading machines, check parts, ensure tolerances.
Summary: Sets up, operates, and controls a specific range of cold heading equipment. Enters in production and measurement information into required records correctly and accurately. Sets up wire drawer and any other related equipment required to run the jobs. Read and understand the tooling requirements by reading the shop work order. Use standard measuring tools to .0002" accuracy. Read and interpret complicated drawings, including hydraulic and pneumatic schematic drawings and symbols.
Full Benefits Package:
- Health Care
- Sick and Vacation Pay
- Paid Holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make conforming parts per Work Order instructions.
- Run jobs/work orders as instructed and within the setup and run rates outlined on each job.
- Run jobs as indicated by the Manger or the lineup sheet. With Lead Set-up Operator, read the Job Card to determine which operations are to be performed.
- Select or make the appropriate tools. Set up the machine and run it to verify that the features meet Job Card or drawing specifications. Lead Man, QA or Manager verifies.
- Inspect the required number of parts and record the readings in accordance with standard instructions and procedures as defined in the Company's Quality Manual.
- Operate the machine(s), making in-process inspections frequently enough to ensure that good parts continue to be produced.
- Operate multiple machines assigned by the Foreman and/or the Lead Set-up Operator, but only as many as may be operated without losing control over the quality of the work. Lead Set-up Operators and Operators are to work as a team to maximize production.
- Maintain neatness and cleanliness in the work area. This includes cleaning machines and work area daily and weekly.
- Must also assist in parts washing duties when necessary.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance, as defined in Preventative Maintenance Guide.
- Work safely. Follow all company safety rules to prevent injury to self and others.
- Perform other associated duties as required or directed.
- Heading example: Change punches, inspect parts, set up and feed wire drawers, monitor work coming out of machines. Must be able to properly use all inspection equipment.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary:
- Experience and ability to set, operate, and control cold heading machines with training and supervision. These machines include but are not limited to cold header, wire drawers, inspection equipment.
- Write and speak the English language well enough to do the job as described.
- Regularly lift and handle parts trays which may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Perform necessary paperwork to complete WO's and instructions.
Salary is dependent upon experience in the Aerospace Industry.
We make fasteners for the Aerospace Industry. AS9100 and ISO 9001.
With decades of experience and unsurpassed quality, Pilgrim Screw is one of the world's leading producers of screws, bolts, and specialty fasteners. Privately owned by the Grove family, the company operates from its world-class facility in Arizona, and consistently provides the finest product quality and customer service in the industry.
Pilgrim Screw has been in the fastener business since 1932. We pride ourselves on this - knowing we have survived in a time where many great businesses have not been as successful. We attribute our success to many things; our innovation, our constant investment in our equipment and our people, our involvement with industry associations (NASC, AIA, SAE, DLA) our knowledge of the marketplace, and most importantly our strong focus on our customers' needs.