Future Teachers - Graduate Teaching Assistant
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for our Future Teachers programme ahead of next academic year (September 2021).
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with a number of Primary Schools in the local area who are looking to work in partnership with Teaching Personnel in order to source a select number of graduates who will work in school for the entire year with the view to securing a place on their Initial Teacher Training Programme the following year.
Through the 'Future Teachers Programme', successful graduates will begin a programme (up to a year) as a graduate teaching assistant to gain the school-based experience and tools to be excellent teachers. Over the course of the year, graduate teaching assistants will gradually take on more responsibilities at their respective school. Working with a range of talented teachers, you will support the children's learning and get a first-hand insight into what is required to be a confident and capable teacher.
- Full time graduate Teaching Assistant opportunities within our Future Teachers Programme.
- Opportunities for core subject graduates aspiring to become a teacher in the future as well as Education Studies and Psychology graduates.
- 12-month apprenticeship as a Teaching Assistant working within Primary Schools supporting children from EYFS-KS2.
- Earn up to £1250 per month whilst gaining valuable classroom-based experience.
These opportunities are full time role with an allocated school in Lancashire where you will undertake a variety of tasks and activities that will give you a good understanding as to the role of a teacher. A significant proportion of these tasks and activities will also benefit your subject knowledge as you will focus on raising pupil attainment, supporting special needs pupils, covering classes, assisting with planning, preparing lessons and developing schemes of work.
Responsibilities within the graduate teaching assistant role include providing.
- Teaching Assistant work where you will experience supporting children in a classroom setting helping to develop your behaviour management.
- One to one specific tuition/interventions where you will utilise your subject knowledge to raise pupil attainment
- SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs
- In-class support in your specialist subject to enhance pupils learning experience
- Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to upskill you in this area
Graduates wishing to be considered please send an updated CV via the link below or for further information on our Future Teacher's Programme please contact the Central Lancashire Primary office to discuss the opportunities with Chloe, Abigail, Amy or Jimmy.