Freight Operations Supervisor - RoadFreight
Overview of Role:
Responsible for end to end control of all shipments coming into and out of Roadfreight depot in Trafford Park. Supervisory and Management responsibilities in regard to other team members. Highly focused, administrative role so attention to detail is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervisory responsibility for a team of 3 Freight Operations Executives.
- Manifest daily export trailers and send related pre-advices.
- Update collection and delivery status in a timely manner
- Responsible for web bookings
- Monitor, chase and process all POD's ensuring timely updating of internal system.
- Log and report outturn daily reports, cross referencing any discrepancies, completion of new job references, delivery notes and amending of job details within a 2-hour window
- All related administrative activities in the Roadfreight department.
- Contact hauliers to provide quotations for special collections/deliveries
- Monitor and deal with transport queries by liaising with other depots
- Checking that collections are clear and populating the planning sheet
- Responsible for creation and issuing of run sheets detailing all collections and deliveries
- Working with Warehouse and Transport teams to ensure smooth and efficient movement of all shipments
- Customer Service - dealing with queries from customers, subcontractors and drivers and assist in their enquiries via phone and email, ensuring satisfactory and timely resolution
- Transport planning for same day collections
Please only reply if you are from a similar freight forwarder background.