Company: RECRUITMENT GAMECHANGERS LTD
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum, Inc benefits
Junior Compliance Officer
Salary:£25k, increased to £28k after 3 month probation - plus bonus on top of this
Location: London (hybrid working)
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Carry out customer due diligence checks on customers who meet internal thresholds, which includes collecting and verifying supporting documents.
- Completing enhanced due diligence checks, including open-source checks, on customers who meet further internal thresholds which includes collecting and verifying supporting documents.
- Overall administration of the worksheets for both Safer Gambling & Anti-money laundering, this includes the processing of automated reports.
- Complete Customer Interaction reviews generated from internal reporting and referrals from other departments, ensuring customers are not displaying potentially harmful behaviours.
- Carrying out interactions with customers who have displayed potentially harmful behaviours via phone, e-mail, text & chat.
- Ensuring each review and interaction is documented on the customer’s account & within the Customer Interaction spreadsheet.
- Complete affordability reviews and checks on customers identified via internal referral and reporting.
- Taking part in the development of the Compliance department.
- Assisting with other ad hoc tasks assigned.
The list of responsibilities & duties is not exhaustive.
Required skills and experience:
- Customer Service experience in the gambling industry (Remote or Retail) *
- Confidence in discussing concerning activity with customers and handling difficult situations.
- Analytical mindset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently.
* - We would encourage those with compliance, AML experience from other regulated industries to apply. We would also encourage recent graduates with a keen interest in compliance to apply.
- Experience in KYC verification.
- Carrying out reviews of customer’s activity both or either sportsbook activity & casino activity.
- Experience in carrying out duties in relation to safer gambling.
- Understanding of guidance papers issued by the UK Gambling Commission in relation to anti-money laundering and customer interactions.
This role would be best suited for a candidate with experience in the remote gambling sector, most likely from a customer service background who has had exposure to anti-money laundering or safer gambling and wishing to progress their career within the industry into compliance. The ideal candidate would be comfortable discussing personal and private matters (source of wealth & potential harmful behaviours) with the client base, as well as the ability to analyse activity to identify harmful behaviour.
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional workplace benefits including pension and classes at a London Fitness Studio
- London based, although opportunity for hybrid working