Physical Therapy Office Manager
JOB SUMMARY: This position is involved in all day-to-day business operations required to maintain a steady workflow and uninterrupted service. Focus on the business aspects of operations to include inventory, hiring, staffing, planning, budgeting, and management of employee performance. Position requires a critical thinker who can communicate effectively.
This position requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and communicate “KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide training and growth opportunities for employees.
- Lead and participate in staffing, planning, interviews and team building activities.
- Manage wasteful and redundant costs such as repeat work to create efficiency in operations.
- Ensure licensed clinicians maintain current licensure and certification.
- Responsible for supply ordering, inventory, equipment maintenance and facility maintenance.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and training support staff and conducting employee counseling and performance reviews.
- Responsible for cleanliness of facility and ensuring equipment is properly maintained and operational.
- Aligns clinic operations to support marketing and public relations events & activities.
- Provide the highest level of service to patients, insurance companies, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Track, analyze, plan and meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Consciously create a workplace culture consistent with Oasis’ overall core values and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles and values of the organization.
- Ensure the privacy and security of protected health information per HIPAA requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI’s):
- % Capacity
- # of Initial Evaluations per week
- Labor as a % of Income
- Management of all day-to-day business operations required to maintain a steady workflow and uninterrupted service.
- Management of all staff non-clinical staff.
- Commitment to excellent patient service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Knowledge of business office procedures
- Ability to operate a computer and basic office equipment
- Ability to operate a multi-line telephone system in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, co-workers and the public
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and analytical
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA and medical records laws
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in business administration, Healthcare Management, Marketing or related field or
- 4 years of prior related experience with leadership responsibilities
- Professional Association of Health Care Office Management Certification Program (PAHCOM)
HIPAA ACCESS and COMPLIANCE:
- Has been determined as eligible for access to/use of PHI & EPHI based on work duties and responsibilities in compliance with ‘minimal necessary’ standards.
- Comply with all HIPAA standards and procedures, and administrative, physical and technical safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of PHI and ePHI.
- Promptly notify direct supervisor of the loss, theft, or impermissible uses of disclosures of unsecured PHI or ePHI.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CAPACITY:
Consistent with published industry PDC norms or minimally:
- Able to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Able to work in noisy crowded environments.
- Requires regular attendance and physical presence at the job.
- Reaching above the shoulder to floor to obtain items, weights, supplies etc…
- Activities required may include, but are not limited to the following: sitting, squatting, pushing, carrying, walking, climbing, pulling, standing, kneeling, reaching, bending, thrusting and lifting.
- Visual keenness to conduct visual examination of patient and reading information from printed sources and computer screens for extended duration.
- Requires extensive use of hands and fine motor skills.
Role: Physical Therapy Office Manager
Apply for this job now.