Company: PERTEMPS GLASGOW PERMS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £29,700 - £40,000 per annum
Pertemps are currently working with a leading company based outside Glasgow who are looking to add to the finance team. They currently have a requirement for a Financial Accountant to work on an 18 month fixed term contract. Salary range £30000 to £40000 depending on experience. The primary responsibilities of the Financial Accountant are to:
- Prepare the organisation’s annual accounts, VAT returns and be responsible for corporate tax and similar regulatory returns.
- Lead on the continual development of our chart of accounts.
- Perform cost allocation exercises.
- Monitor and report on balance sheet, cash flow and restricted funds.
- Provide advice on accounting and tax issues.
- To prepare the Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts for the Society and its subsidiaries, along with the preparation of any related statutory information that is required to be submitted to an external body.
- To prepare of a full programme of work, documentation of audit schedules and a timetable that supports the preparation and delivery of the year-end report and accounts.
- To liaise and work with the external auditors to ensure the Trustees’ Report and Accounts is delivered in a timely manner.
- To work closely with finance colleagues throughout the year-end cycle ensuring that the statutory reporting is delivered to required specifications.
- To monitor changes in accounting regulation and other changes to legislation and assess impact for the organisation; engage with the wider organisation and ensure changes are communicated and implemented.
- To prepare and continually develop our organisational cash forecasts and reports.
- To work with the relevant finance staff on the preparation and monitoring of the capital expenditure budgets and provide reporting.
- To monitor and report on restricted funds balances and ensure action is taken where funds are outside of policy limits.
- To review our non-cash working capital balances and work with the wider finance teams to minimise these balances.
- To initiate regular balance sheet reviews and monitor reconciliation preparation and submission by relevant staff, enquiring on reconciling items where appropriate
Skills Required;Part Qualified accountant or qualified by experience (strong double entry bookkeeping knowledge essential)
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
- Flexible, self-motivated team player, with ability to work on own initiative and without close supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively at all levels of stakeholders both written and verbally, including ability to influence and persuade others
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines
To find out more please apply on the link on call Linda Currie.Pertemps acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.