JOB TYPE: PERMANENT, Full Time
SALARY: 16326.999 - 16334.788
Salary: Grade F-G Green Book £26,999.00 - £34,788.00
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Location: Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service Headquarters - 146 Bolton Road, Swinton, Manchester, M27 8US
Closing date: Wednesday 10th July 2019
Reforming public services is one of the biggest and most rewarding challenges. Are you interested in improving public services in Greater Manchester working for the Combined Authority?
The Greater Manchester Combined Authority is led by the Mayor, Andy Burnham. He is accountable to and represents the population of Greater Manchester. The GMCA Mayor has powers and leads on the economy, transport, police and fire services and is responsible for transforming public services and shaping the future of our region through a £300m housing investment fund and the creation of a spatial framework.
There has never been a more exciting time to be working in the Greater Manchester area and for the Combined Authority in particular.
Digital Services leads both the ICT Services that support the organisation as well as the programme for information exchange and sharing to support public service reform known as GM Connect.
The role holder will be responsible for:
Who we need
We are looking for a person who has:
- Working closely with clients to develop complete software solutions to a high standard;
- Involvement in the full project lifecycle, from requirements gathering and software design to release, end-to-end testing and system support;
- Playing a role in a small development team, with the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines;
- Provide technical advice to non-specialist users and support information management and technology projects that are running across the organisation.
- Been educated to degree level in relevant area or equivalent.
- Developer experience of application development including web development solution design, development, prototyping, integration and maintenance using industry standard enterprise technology and programming languages.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of using programming languages, including ASP, .NET C#, Transact SQL and CSS.
- An interest in all stages of the project lifecycle.
Any experience of the following would be an advantage:
- An enthusiastic approach to work with an eye for detail and pride in a job well done.
- An ability to work independently and/or contribute and work as part of a busy team.
- An ability to mentor others when required.
- An ability to take the initiative and prioritise tasks effectively in line with team and directorate priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to advise at all levels.
- Experience of troubleshooting/fault fixing technical problems and high level of customer care.
- Experience of technical research across a wide range of technologies.
- Knowledge and experience of using content management systems such as Umbraco.
- Knowledge and experience of using web-based applications such as SharePoint and Nintex forms and workflow.
In return for your efforts we can offer a fantastic working environment with a motivated team who are committed to delivering an excellent service.
- Extensive sports and welfare programme
- Flexible working
- Local car parking facilities
- On site gym
The GMCA is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
To apply please complete the online application form and we will be in touch in the near future. In your application it would be beneficial to include a description of your technical skills and how you meet the key requirements in the job description.
...Role: Software Developer Job Type: PERMANENT, Full TimeLocation: New Hartford, New York, New YorkApply for this job now.