Chadwick Nott are pleased to be instructed on this new requirement by a Local Authority in Oxfordshire. The council has a requirement for a Locum Commercial Lawyer to join them at short notice for an ongoing period of at least three months, while they recruit on a permanent basis.
As a fully qualified Solicitor or Lawyer, you should have at least three years' PQE and provable experience of working within local government, assisting with commercial legal matters. Experience within construction matters is particularly desirable, as that is a key focus of the role.
The expected duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Handling a caseload of commercial contracts matters to include company law work and construction contracts
- Ensuring adherence to all local authority processes, statutory duties and requirements for OJEU processes and procurement for a variety of areas
- Dealing with ongoing contracts and issues including early termination and interpretation of clauses
- Drafting new contracts, setting up agreements and liaising with other local authorities
- Dealing with Asset Management contracts
- Providing general commercial contracts and procurement and state aid advice
- Representing the best interests of the local authority whilst ensuring a high level of statutory compliance including EU Regulations
- Dealing with due diligence and data protection requirements as set out under GDPR
- Monitoring contracts and reviewing compliance and service agreements
In return, the client is able to offer flexible working, including remote working and a competitive hourly rate.
To apply, please contact Bianca Gibbs at Chadwick Nott on #removed# Or apply through the website.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Role: Locum Commercial Lawyer - Local Government - Oxford
Job Type: Contract, FullTime
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire
Apply for this job now.