Position: Maintenance Technician
Rate: $17.00 hour
Shift: 2nd Shift (3:25 pm to 2:00 am - Monday thru Thursday)
Location: Wabash, IN
This amazing company is looking to hire immediately for the most qualified Maintenance Tech. This is a direct hire positions with benefits and long term career opportunities.
Maintenance technicians works independently and with other plant personnel to perform
preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. They will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
· Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
· Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
· Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
· Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
· Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
· Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates degree in related field; or high school diploma or equivalent with 5 years’ experience
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel, and balance while stocking, storing, and maneuvering around the work area. Able to stand on feet for 10+ hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks are performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Zing Professional Recruiting is a nationwide recruiting firm that focuses on knowing the client and knowing you. We serve Fortune 500 and Global clients in a variety of industries across the United States. We get the right people in the right jobs. We are looking for TOP Talent to match with our clients.
Zing Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Role: Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift
Apply for this job now.