Company: CHARLES DEWEESE CONSTRUCTION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Seeking an experienced Asphalt Plant Operator. This position is responsible for meeting daily production schedules at a Hot Mix Asphalt plant. Successful candidates may at times be required to operate plant equipment such as dump trucks and skid steers while also performing clerical work and other peripheral duties as required.
Responsible for start-up and operation of hot mix asphalt mixing plants. Process involves placing raw aggregate and liquid asphalt materials through the mixing drum to be stored in silos until ready for load-out on trucks for delivery to job sites.
- Operate plant and load trucks
- Assist to ensure that all safety policies are followed and implemented
- Work with Quality Control Department to ensure a quality mix is produced
- Assist Plant Foreman in ordering materials needed for plant operation
- Assist Plant Foreman with stockpile management
- Maintain all required paperwork
- Communicate with road crews on a daily basis
- Assist with plant maintenance
- Operate loader when needed
- Help maintain cleanliness of the plant site
- Must be willing to work Nights and Weekends
- Must be able to read, comprehend manuals and directives
- Able to adjust to heights
- Must be willing to help out as needed
- Able to calculate basic math
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must have a positive attitude and eager to learn new tasks
- Welding is a plus
- Electrical/Electronics is a plus
- Perform incidental work items and duties included within other crafts
Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Asphalt Plant Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the asphalt/plant construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely. Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.