JOB TITLE: Program Assistant
DIVISON : Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Social Services
LOCATION: Bronx ,NY
SUMMARY: The Program Assistant interacts efficiently and effectively with diverse population of Intervale Family shelter. The Program Assistant is responsible for maintaining professional communications to administrative staff, housing staff, facilities staff, residents and community partners.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets all residents and visitors reporting to administration and directs them appropriately.
- Performs administrative duties such as typing reports, letters, memos, etc.
- Handles phones, faxes, and reservations for meeting rooms.
- Assists with ordering office supplies and maintaining office inventory.
- Maintains accurate records, prepares reports and facilitates the flow of necessary paperwork throughout the facility.
- Prepares work orders for facilities and follows up on the progress and updates the system when completed.
- Assists in setting up and maintaining databases relating to the programs and provide relevant technical assistance with all placements, closeouts, and sanctions of all residents.
- Coordinates donation deliveries and maintains donation “wish list” of needed items.
- Works closely with van driver to arrange transportation.
- Monitors resident use of computers, phones and access to administration area.
- Assists case management with filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
Associates degree preferred, High School Diploma/GED Required. Requires strong verbal, written and computer skills. Must have the ability to multitask while remaining focused. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
AGENCY PROFILE & EMPLOYEE EXPECTATIONS
Westhab is the premier organization of our kind in our region, providing housing and supportive services for more than 10,000 of the most vulnerable members of our community each year. We are staffed by an extraordinary group of hard working professionals that are fully committed to our mission - Building Communities. Changing Lives. Working at Westhab is not easy. Our expectations for all staff are high. We believe that the people and the communities that we have the privilege to serve deserve our very best every day. We are results-driven organization that focuses on empowerment and impact. If you want to apply for this opportunity, it should only be because you feel ready for the challenges and expectations that come with joining this kind of team. (EOE)
Acknowledgement of Receipt
Powered by JazzHR