JOB TITLE: Community Support Worker
LOCATION: Leighton Buzzard & Dunstable
PLACEMENT: from 2nd November 2020, 37 hours per week
PAY: PAYE from £8.20 per hour & Umbrella from £10.20 per hour + mileage
4Recruitment Services are seeking Community Support Workers to provide assistance to a reablement service based in the Leighton Buzzard and Dunstable area in Central Bedfordshire.
The reablement service supports people returning to their homes following a stay in hospital when they might otherwise be unable to.
As a Community Reablement Worker, you will work in partnership with people in their own homes to help them regain their independence in carrying out those essential day to day tasks that they may now struggle with. Your commitment will help them regain their confidence and independence following a plan tailored to their specific individual needs to help them relearn skills that have been identified as important to their quality of life. You might be helping them get up in the morning and make their first cup of tea of the day and then later supporting them to regain cooking skills or administering their medication. You're not doing tasks for them; you're helping them to do things for themselves once again.
- To support individuals and their carers using a reablement approach to remain in their own environment
- To provide support and care for a specified period of time while alternative services are organised, as appropriate, or whilst independence is regained.
- To work closely with all other partner agencies involved in the patients' care to provide consistent and responsive care pathways, in particular working with the local care delivery group.
- To support individuals and carers in their own environment in improving quality of life (measured through quality of life indicators)
- The post holder will respond to referrals from clinicians and community health professional in the contract area
- The post holder will need to have experience in the delivery of personal care, medication prompting and signposting practical and emotional support in the service user's home.
- To have the ability to provide assessment of service users and to develop a care plan of their needs and report back any changes in service users condition
- To support individuals with their personal care, medication prompts, light meal preparation / drinks, shopping and practical emotional support.
- To ensure as safe as possible living environment for service users whilst respecting their choice and rights.
- To make follow up calls as required and to assist service users with activities to re-enable their daily living skills
- To maintain accurate and appropriate records in service users care plans and update office records and systems accordingly
- To ensure when service users health deteriorates escalation procedures are followed.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in health and social care OR a minimum 2 years' experience providing similar home care service is desirable
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate with health and social care professionals & Ability to deal with service user queries in a diplomatic, professional and confidential manner
- IT literate
- Good working experience of the delivery of social care support including personal care, feeding and medication prompting
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Great communication skills
- Car Driver & valid driving