I am recruiting Cover Supervisors for February 2021. Are you a graduate? Would you like experience of working in school settings before applying for your teacher training next year? Have you got experience of working with youth? Would you like to support pupils and schools in your local community? If you have answered yes to any of these questions then the role of Cover Supervisor might be what you are looking for!
Cover Supervisors are school staff who supervise pupils carrying out pre-prepared exercises when teaching staff are on short-term absence. The Cover Supervisor's main job is to manage a classroom, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set, and making sure that the school's behaviour policy is adhered to at all time.
The role does not require any active teaching, marking or planning. Duties may include:
- supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy
- managing the behaviour of pupils while they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment
- responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
- collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
Ideally, you would have access to your own transport as the work may involve working in different schools on different days. Wherever possible, we will let you know in advance where you need to work. Alternatively, you would be avaialble for a last minute call from as early as 7am.
The hours of work typically will be between 8.30am-3pm. You can expect rates of pay up to GBP12 per hour depending on your experience and qualifications. Teaching Personnel pays weekly wages on PAYE, gives you access to a number of CPD traning courses and gives you the chance of earning GBP50 when you refer a friend to us!
If you are interested in this role as a Cover Supervisor, please do not hesitate to apply by submitting you CV via the link on this page.