This internship is ONLY offered to current college students. This internship is unpaid and can only be offered to a college student who is eligible to receive college credit for the internship. If you do not meet these requirements, there is no need to apply for this internship position. This internship is not offered to those who have already graduated or are currently working.
The Finance Internship at Krietzberg Wealth Management is an opportunity for Finance Majors interested in portfolio management, financial planning, and other aspects of the financial industry, to earn hands-on experience. Krietzberg Wealth Management is a comprehensive financial planning and asset management practice located in Edison, NJ. Lincoln Financial is our broker/dealer.
The purpose of this internship is to provide interns with additional training beyond their current educational program. This is an unpaid internship and offered only to those who are earning academic credit for the position. Interns are not eligible for any wages or benefits. Interns are not considered employees of Lincoln Financial (LFN), will not be performing work for LFN, but may perform small office tasks or assist with projects as part of your training. The training you will receive is for your educational benefit and you will be closely supervised at all times. You are not guaranteed future internships or employment from your participation in the program. During your time with us, you will have the opportunity to work with Curtis Krietzberg, CFA, MBA, and David Krietzberg, CFP, MBA, the owners of the practice, as well as with other planners and experienced staff.
NOTE: This is an unpaid internship, for academic credit only. Candidates will not be considered unless they have already determined with their educational institution that they are eligible for academic credit for this internship, and receive authorized approval to do so. If you have not checked with your school, or if you are not eligible to receive academic credit, you may not apply.
NOTE: This internship will begin in Edison, NJ at our offices at 333 Thornall Street, Suite 9B. At some point in September/October, the offices will be moving to 125 Half Mile Road in Red Bank, NJ. Any intern who applies for this job must be comfortable with the drive to both locations.
While with us:
- You will be taught how to create an investment proposal for a new account, taking into consideration the client’s risk tolerance and objectives, and you will work closely with our Portfolio Administrator to prepare these reports in advance of client meetings.
- You will be taught how to prepare financial performance reports that are used during client investment review meetings. These reports are an integral element to all client reviews. You will be taught how to create and prepare these reports in advance of client meetings, and will be responsible for our weekly meeting preparation process.
- You will sit in on Investment Policy Committee meetings (every other week), as the committee discusses the current state of our portfolios and any modifications necessary.
- You may be asked to conduct research regarding fund companies, and will sit in on weekly meetings sponsored by various fund and/or insurance companies at which you will learn about their specific products.
- You will sit in on weekly and monthly team meetings at which all open cases are reviewed.
- You may assist the team with a variety of other projects that will be relevant to the industry or to the running of an investment management practice, including financial plan preparation and insurance planning.
- You will be given the opportunity to participate in at least one, in-depth mentor meeting during the course of your internship with each of the partners in the practice, and any additional planners currently working with the practice at the time. This is a favorite of past interns.
- Students who have had some basic coursework in the Finance major are preferred, although any qualified candidate will be considered.
- Respectful and professional attitude.
- Willingness to learn new things and work as a team member.
- Strong computer skills, particularly a strong command of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- All intern offers are based on approvals of background and credit check (after fingerprinting is completed) as per federal compliance regulations of the financial industry.
Curtis Krietzberg, David Krietzberg and Felicia Garland are registered representatives of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker/dealer (member SIPC) and registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. It is not our position to offer legal or tax advice. Krietzberg Wealth Management is not an affiliate of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Krietzberg Wealth Management is a growing financial services firm located in Edison, NJ (Moving to Red Bank, NJ in September/October of 2018). We provide asset management, investment planning, retirement planning, estate planning and insurance solutions for individuals, and corporate financial planning and 401(k) plan management for businesses. Our team is cohesive, fast paced and professional. We provide our clients with an extraordinarily high level of service.
Securities and investment advisory services offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker-dealer (member SIPC) and a registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Krietzberg Wealth Management is not an affiliate of Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. CRN-1854715-072517.
Role: Finance Intern (for college credit only)
Location: Red Bank,
Apply for this job now.