Company: CARD FACTORY
Job Type: Apprenticeship, FullTime
Salary: Competitive salary
To ensure the delivery of high quality services to colleagues within Card Factory. The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) will develop and maintain a positive working relationship with key stakeholders in this area, understanding their changing business requirements and how IT services can be best utilised to help meet their needs.
This position will take ownership for the IT service experienced by Card Factory colleagues, in their respective areas, taking on the role as a trusted advisor and acting as a bridge between the business and the internal IT teams. The BRM will also help manage complex service issues and work collaboratively with other IT teams and key business stakeholders to continuously identify and drive improvements to the way in which IT services are delivered. Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Develop a good understanding of the IT systems and services specifically used by Card Factory colleagues, the processes they undertake and IT systems that contribute to wider organisation goals.
- Build mutually beneficial stakeholder relationships and ensure a positive perception of the IT services delivered
- Regularly meet with key business stakeholders to review the ongoing IT service, identify and recommend areas for improvement and optimisation and ensure IT engagement on any relevant business led projects in their areas and identify any impact on annual and strategic IT plans.
- Delivers effective Problem Management, taking responsibility for identifying trends in issues over time, prioritising problems, understanding their complexity and updating key stakeholders to clarify ambiguity.
- Proactively identify areas of service risk and ensure these are logged on IT risk registers and mitigation plans identified.
- Develop and maintain ongoing IT service improvement /enhancement plans, working collaboratively with IT colleagues and third parties to ensure recommended actions to resolve issues are followed through to completion in a timely manner and a roadmap of improvement activities is defined.
- Provide advice and guidance to key business stakeholders on IT issues, developments and pipeline projects, helping them to understand what they mean to their specific areas of interest.
- Act as a bridge between relevant business areas and IT , helping to align business needs with IT services and future developments (both tactical and strategic level)
- Take ownership of managing communications/setting expectations with key business stakeholders during complex and high priority service situations, working with IT Service and Operations Teams to ensure timeline resolution of incidents.
- Act as the voice of the business within IT, ensuring that any IT roadmaps align or are not in conflict with current or future business requirements.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of specific service reports tailored to business areas for senior business stakeholders including performance against SLA’s, issue trends, service improvement initiatives and relevant IT projects.
- Perform trend analysis on repeat issues and proactively work with other IT colleagues to reduce the volume of repeat service issues
- Act as a point of escalation for complaints and take these forward, working with the relevant IT Teams and suppliers to identify methods for resolution.
- To maintain a high level of customer satisfaction on IT services delivered to Card Factory colleagues.
- Significant experience in a similar IT Service or Business Relationship Management role
- Strong customer focus
- Good IT technical aptitude, with a passion for identifying and driving service improvements.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to quickly establish rapport and gain trust.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including ability to communicate with both a technical and non-technical audience, at all levels of organisation
- Experience of matrix managing other teams to drive resolution to technical problems
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- High degree of professionalism, with confident presentation skills
- Demonstrates active listening and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility required to provide support outside of core business hours to assist in the resolution of major incidents.
- Exposure to a high-volume retail environment is preferred, but not essential
- Reliable individual, who is quick to respond to issues.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain a level head when dealing with high pressure situations
About The Company
- Certified to at least ITIL Foundation level, or can demonstrate equivalent work experience in ITIL environment.
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland.? In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a true Omni-channel retailer.? This strategy sees significant investment into our colleagues across the business creating multiple opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.?
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial wellbeing.
- 15% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership, mobile phone contracts, and car leasing
- Discounts across 100’s of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies, please.