Consultant in Public Health
Local Government - West Midlands
We are working with a well-established local government organisation based in the West Midlands who are looking for an Interim Consultant in Public Health to join the team during a busy period.
This role offers remote working and will be until at least the end of March with likely extension.
Rate: Council willing to be negotiable to secure the right applicant
Duration: On going
Both Part and Full time applicants will be considered
As the Consultant in Public Health you will be a member of the senior management team of the Public Health team in Herefordshire. The CPH will act in an expert advisory capacity on public health knowledge, standards and practice, across the spectrum of public health and lead on the development and implementation of significant public health programmes
The remit of the post is will include supporting the Covid-19 response, providing strategic leadership on health Intelligence, health care public health and health improvement. The post holder will also be expected:
- To have the responsibility to provide healthcare public health advice and support to the Clinical Commissioning Group/ ICS including developing and delivering annual Core Offer to the H&W CCG and NHS England.
- To have responsibility for development, implementation and delivery of national, regional and local policies, developing inter-agency and interdisciplinary strategic plans and programmes, with delegated Board or organisational authority to deliver key public health targets
- To provide expert public health advice and leadership to support and inform an evidence-based approach within ethical frameworks for commissioning and developing high quality equitable services, across primary, secondary and social care, and across sectors including local authorities, voluntary organisations, etc.
- To contribute to the production of the annual public health report
- To play a key role in ensuring that health and social care services commissioned for Herefordshire residents by the CCG and Council are of high quality, clinically safe, cost-effective, improve health and well-being and reduce inequalities
- Full JD Available upon request
- A good track record of working at a senior level in local government
- Ideally we are looking for a Qualified consultant in Public Health (either GMC Full or UKPHR), or demonstrable experience
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at #removed# or call 0121 616 0660
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren't currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team