Experis is helping our client find a Cyber Security Data Scientist for a contract to hire role. This role will be partial on-site in the DC metro area.
Customer Facing Data Scientists (CFDSs) are critical to making our customers successful. An ideal CFDS candidate should have strong fundamentals of applied data science in a business or national security setting, and should enjoy communicating and evangelizing data science solutions to business and government stakeholders who are unfamiliar with Data Science and cybersecurity.
* Representing the product from a technical standpoint to customers - including demonstrations, conducting proof-of-concept trials, helping clients evaluate success criteria, and training users.
* Providing the customer's point of view to the product team, informing the direction of future product feature development.
* Ability to iterate and visualize new solutions against historical cybersecurity problems through the application of AI/ML and the platform.
* Data Science
* Enabling customers to solve complex data science problems using - including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment, model management, and output consumption.
* In some cases, executing data science workflows for customers.
* Providing data science knowledge and expertise as a trusted advisor to the client.
* Project management
* Conducting and managing data science projects with customer's vision of success in mind.
* Collaborating with Intelligence professionals, Sales, Field Engineers, and the rest of the team to identify the best possible resources to move forward customer's projects.
* Building a long-term trusted relationship with the customer so that the customers can be led towards success.
* Understanding and empathizing with customers' pain points of building AI solutions.
* Qualifying opportunities through self directed research and application of the platform.
* Presenting the company in industry conferences as well as creating powerful technical content for marketing purposes. On a day-to-day basis, CFDS work side-by-side with the Sales, Account Management, and Field Engineering teams to help our customers achieve their goals with the company. Internally, CFDS act as the voice of the customer to the Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams.
* Autonomous curiosity for solving cybersecurity problems through data science
* 4-5+ years of real-world business experience in a data science role
*Minimum 1 year working with or across the cybersecurity field
* Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms
* Strong customer interaction experience
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
* Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of datasets
* Fluency with scripting (Python / R)
* Up to 50% travel onsite within the Washington, DC area
* Familiarity with consultative sales process in the analytics marketplace * Familiarity with Hadoop and related Big Data technologies
* Experience dealing with complex customer organizations
* Familiarity with current network/cybersecurity tools such as WireShark, Bro/Zeek, Snort, pfSense, etc.
* Familiarity with JSON, STIX TAXI 2.1.