LWP Claims Solutions is looking for a bright, motivated person to handle the Medical Only Workers' Compensation Claims in our Sacramento Office. This is a full-time position (Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week) with benefits.
- Investigates claims by interviewing employers, injured workers, medical providers and witnesses
- Gathers information, determines compensability and resolves all claim issues within state guidelines.
- Coordinates light-duty availability by communicating with medical providers, employers and injured workers
- With only general supervision, develops and carries out a plan of action for resolution of all claim issues, and keeps clients well informed of all issues.
- Establishes claim reserves and works closely with employers, employees, medical providers and other outside providers to maximize a cost-effective case resolution.
- Manages claim to closure
- Identifies issues that might necessitate transfer of claim to Indemnity Examiner
- Handles medical & future medical files.
- High school diploma (2-4 year college a plus)
- IEA Certification or equivalent training/work experience (helpful)
Must meet the training or experience requirements per California Code of Regulation (Article 20 of Subchapter 3, Chapter 5, Title 10)
No phone calls please. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. EOE
LWP Claims Solutions, Inc. is a third party administrator dedicated exclusively to workers' compensation programs. We have full service offices in Sacramento and Glendale, California with financial services in Salt Lake City, UT. Founded in 1990, LWP is known for outstanding quality claims services for clients interested in services tailored to their specific needs. Through a combination of our claims handling expertise, prompt and fair benefit administration, consulting and training techniques, and team-based relationships with our clients, LWP has been successful in assisting our clients in achieving some of the lowest loss development rates in the industry.
Role: Medical Only Claims Adjuster - Workers' Compensation
Apply for this job now.