Engineering Manager - Warminster - £35-40k plus benefits
My client, a successful and leading manufacturing company in their field, is looking to recruit a new role of CNC workshop manager for their modern site in Mere, just off the A303 near Warminster.
Leading a small team of technicians and workshop engineers, the successful engineering manager will enjoy being 'hands on' and have good mechanical and electrical skills. You will be leading all engineering processes including investment and process development projects. You will provide leadership and possess very good communication skills. Working alongside the Warehouse & Manufacturing Manager and the Mouldings Business Development Manager the successful candidate will be looking to optimise the running of your departments by improving the reliability of production machines.
CNC workshop manager Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice production Engineering, planning, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Drive continuous improvement (CI) activities, in quality, cycle times, process improvements, machine availability, and reduction in downtime.
- Ensure robust and comprehensive technical solution are being applied
- Develop and maintain project plans to ensure milestones are being met
- Identify any capital equipment and investment relating to Manufacturing and Engineering areas. - Ensure accuracy of Engineering procedures and documentation
- Motivate and support the team to operational success
- Manage and oversee the tool room functions
- Develop relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
CNC workshop manager Key Skills required
·Strong understanding of Manufacturing processes as well as Engineering and technical information
·Engineering management experience
·Experience of dealing with suppliers
·CNC machine programming
·Mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis experience
·Excellent communication skills
·Happy to be hands on
·Ideally have Lean or Six sigma
This role offers a salary of £35-40K Depending on experience and will be an important part of middle management structure. (This is not an office engineer role) Benefits include 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays, 2 x salary life insurance*, Pension @ 5% matched*, 2 months discretionary full pay sick pay scheme, inclusive of SSP*. *all subject to ts&cs.
Hours 39 per week 8:00 am - 4:45 pm Mon-Thu 8:00 am - 3:45 pm Fri (45 mins lunch break)
This role may suit a candidate that has previously worked as an engineering Team leader, engineering supervisor, CNC workshop manager, CNC Manager. Engineering supervisor This role is commutable from Yeovil, Frome, Warminster, Mer