Company: ACCOUNTANCY RECRUIT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Accountancy Recruit is very proud to be working on behalf of an Accountancy Practice with a strong focused approach in partnering their clients to grow their businesses, informing and freeing up business owner's time for strategic planning. I am recruiting for an Accounts Senior to join this small and successful practice at a time of advancement. You will be working with experienced individuals and directly supporting the Director in a central client facing role. This is an integral position that will allow you to develop, take responsibility and deliver insightful advice to a broad and exciting client base. This practice is technologically advanced and is consistently mindful of ensuing that best business practices, processes and procedures achieve maximum efficiency.
Duties will include:
- Developing strong professional working relationships with clients through detailed understanding of each business in order to inform growth and support during start-ups.
- Responsible for client compliance supported by a small team - role split 50% reviewing and 50% hands on.
- Allocation of work to meet filing and reporting deadlines.
- Reviewing team tasks (management accounts, VAT, year-end accounts and tax returns) to ensure consistent delivery and providing hands on intervention where necessary.
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory requirements.
- Preparation of tax computations and returns (personal and corporate).
- Advising on client queries on tax, VAT and funding matters.
- Revew VAT returns, ensuring the appropriateness of available VAT schemes.
- Preparing management accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and other ad-hoc reports for clients where required.
- Acting as the primary interface between clients and the payroll team.
- Involvement in specific client projects including fundraising and acquisitions.
- Working with the Director in the identification of client project opportunities.
- Developing and enhancing strategies to improve the smooth running of the practice.
You will be from an Accountancy Practice background, you may already be fully qualified in ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or AAT (or equivalent), QBE or you may be actively studying, but most importantly you will demonstrate a desire to forge successful business relationships based on your expertise in accountancy and commercial acumen. You will have the flexibility of split office/home working arrangements, with office time scheduled to ensure good overlap with other team members. If you are interested in adding real commercial value to your clients' businesses, as well as sound preparation of the accounts then this is the career opportunity perfect for you!
So if you have experience as an Accounts Senior, Senior Accountant, Accountant, Client Accountant or similiar role in practice then please apply now!
Excellent professional development and career opportunity!
Salary: £32-40,000 pa.
Split office/home working.
Holiday: 25 days, plus bank holidays. Hours: 39 per week.
Study support if required.