Italian Sous Chef
Location: New York, NY
About the Client
We are working with a group of contemporary Italian restaurants with locations in the UK, Japan, Europe, and the USA. They are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join their team in New York and run their Italian restaurant and pizzeria. This concept offers a friendly, genuine dining experience focused on authentic ingredients and food excellence. Their meals are fresh and simple, and all their concepts are born from a passion for high-quality, good food. The Sous Chef will be responsible for executing their menus and running the kitchen.
Sous Chef responsibilities:
- Ensure the kitchen is operating smoothly on all fronts
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment for employees
- Maintain high-quality standards
- Implementing their restaurant inventory management system and ordering product
- ServeSafe certified
- Schedule team and manage admin tasks
- Comply with all Federal and State policies and procedures
- Supervise and manage the Back of House team
Ideal Sous Chef candidate:
- At least 4 years' experience in a Sous Chef role
- Experience managing a team
- Experience with Italian cuisine
- Experience cooking pasta and using premium Italian products
- Full-service and high-volume restaurant experience
- Financially savvy - proficient in stock management, budgeting, and P&L control
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Passionate about customer service and the food service industry
- Knowledge of food handling, safety, and other Back of House guidelines
- Demonstrates career progression
- Proven career stability - no job hopping!
There are fantastic development opportunities with this company. Their team is driven by passion, and they are looking for like-minded people to join them. If you're interested in this amazing Sous Chef opportunity, please send your resume to Becky today!
Note that candidates must have the right to live and work in the USA to be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram