All teaching staff will be responsible for the general supervision and management of a group of 12 students or up to 18 students (with a qualified assistant) as stated in Section 101216.2 (d) and as regulated by The Department of Social Services, State of California. The person selected for this position is expected to support and uphold the philosophy and mission of Hayden Child Care Center and Santa Teresita.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate of Arts Degree with State of California Preschool Teacher Permit (preferred) or Associate Teacher Permit and achievement of AA within 10 years of permit issuance/6 years of employment with Santa Teresita
- Meet the requirements of the licensing agency as defined in the Manual of Policies and Procedures/Community Care and Licensing Division, issued by the Department of Social Services (Sections 101216 and 101216.1)
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working with children
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Completed Virtus Training
- Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Faith
- Fluently read, speak, write and understand English at a two year college level
Santa Teresita is a 12-acre Neighborhood of Care providing a continuum of short and long-term care for the elderly. We are “At the Service of the Family for Life,” surrounding our cherished seniors with professional nursing, rehabilitative and care-giving support while at the same time empowering their lives with vibrancy, purpose and fulfillment.
Apply for this job now.