King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 12,600 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London and Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley, Orpington Hospital, and some services at Beckenham Beacon and Queen Mary’s Sidcup.
The Trust is recognised internationally for its work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences, cardiac, haemato-oncology, fetal medicine, stroke, major trauma, and Emergency Department. Developing Band 6 Staff Nurse: Chemotherapy Day Unit
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Band 5 Staff Nurse to join our friendly team on the Chemotherapy Day Unit at King’s College Hospital and build on developing further chemotherapy skills. The Chemotherapy Day unit cares for patients receiving chemotherapy treatments for both solid breast tumours and haematological cancers, affording the opportunity to experience caring for these two unique groups of patients.
You will need to display excellent communication skills and offer care in a kind and compassionate manner. You will need to have experience in caring for cancer patients in an inpatient or outpatient setting and have accreditation in the administration of cytotoxic medications.
The post will offer the support of a patient focused dynamic team in which you will be encouraged to develop your knowledge and skills in cancer nursing. The unit works in close collaboration with the Acute Oncology Team which requires liaising with Clinical Nurse Specialists working in partnership in caring for the acutely unwell patient. As a Haematology Cancer Centre we have ongoing trials and research is integral to our everyday practice at King’s College Hospital. We work closely with the Trials team and we use the MOSAIQ system for chemotherapy prescribing, recording all chemotherapy assessment and Pre-Chemotherapy Consultations. We offer educational opportunities though our established links with King’s College London and The Cancer Academy at Guys and St.Thomas’ Cancer Centre.IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.