Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Oversee the successful and timely execution of the Compliance Oversight Program for the State Street Jersey entities and client entity, as set out in the Compliance Risk Management Policy and regulatory guidance note.
- Discharge responsibilities in relation to (1) Regulatory Analysis and advisory activities and (2) monitoring and oversight, as set out in the Compliance Risk Management Policy.
- Ensure communications with the Jersey Financial Services Commission are maintained to a high standard, and responses are sent promptly.
- Actively engage with the Jersey businesses, fostering an open, co-operative relationship, with a high standard of reporting to the Boards and Senior Management.
- Co-operate with Compliance colleagues in EMEA and Globally.
What we value
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines in a competing priority environment
- Willingness to embrace change in a dynamic environment
Experience & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in a Compliance Officer key person role within the financial services industry in Jersey. MLRO/MLCO experience would also be beneficial.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the local regulatory environment, specifically Fund Services Business.
- Good knowledge of the Jersey AML legislation and the AML/CFT Handbook.
- ICA Diploma in Compliance (or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience in managing regulatory relationships
- Experience in representing compliance on legal entity boards and senior governance committees
- Strong compliance monitoring / risk assessment / audit experience an advantage
- Willingness to participate in global and regional project
- Member of a recognized compliance professional body a distinct advantage
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers