Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £80 - £95 per day
Secondary Teaching assistant
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a teaching assistant? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are working with a diverse and well-funded secondary school, looking for a qualified and experienced teaching assistant to join our team. Experience with children with special educational needs, such as autism, dyslexia, ADHD, and learning difficulties, would be beneficial but not required.
As a teaching assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Providing one-to-one or small group support to the SEN pupils, both in and out of the classroom
- Developing positive and trusting relationships with the pupils and their parents/carers
- Implementing individual education plans and behaviour management strategies
- Monitoring and recording the progress and achievements of the SEN pupils
- Liaising with other professionals, such as the SENCO, educational psychologists, speech and language therapists, and occupational therapists
To be a successful teaching assistant, you will need:
- A desire to work with pupils and further their learning
- An ability to work with children with special educational needs and a commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills
- A positive, patient, and flexible attitude
- A valid DBS check on the update service, or willingness to obtain one
- A competitive salary, depending on qualifications and experience.
- A supportive and collaborative working environment
- A comprehensive induction and training programme
- Opportunities for professional development and career progression
- A range of benefits, such as pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme.