Company: CALIFORNIA WEEKLY EXPLORER
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
MAKE LEARNING HISTORY FUN!
JOIN THE COMPANY WITH THE MOST INTERACTIVE AND UNIQUE APPROACH TO ELEMENTARY EDUCATION THERE IS!
California Weekly Explorer is known throughout California elementary schools as the producers of the “Walk Through Presentations.” These fun presentations, popular among teachers and kids alike, engage students as they actively take part in their grade level history curriculum by becoming the “experts” and/or actual historical characters. A skilled presenter guides students through time while simultaneously hosting a friendly competition for students to earn points and become the winning team! For more than 35 years California Weekly Explorer has provided excellence in education proven by our growth rate of 300+ presentations per school year. Simply put: We are the experts in educating in a fun way! Part time positions (2-3 days a week) also available.
Educational Performer (Teacher / Presenter) Perks:
- Salary position, $3,600/month from Oct. 1-June 15 each school season, summer's off
- Paid school holidays including two weeks paid Christmas
- Medical benefits after 60 day probation, premiums paid at 50% by company
- Affirmation from customers daily
- No work to take home
- No sales - Full calendars already booked
- Most weeks have at least one half day
- Mileage reimbursed at IRS standard
- Food stipend for overnight travel
- Casual uniform attire
Educational Performer (Teacher / Presenter) Job Responsibilities:
California Weekly Explorer seeks a full-time Presenter who will make history come alive for students on a daily basis. This person will love working with students, be excited about education and learning, enjoy travel and new experiences and have a desire to make a difference in the lives of students and teachers.
- Memorize and perform 3 scripts
- Present up to two presentations a day each 2.5 hours in length
- Wake up early and drive each day to a different school in a large calendar area
- Take 3-5 weekly trips a school year outside your calendar area
- Store all required presentation equipment safely
- Set-up and tear down presentation display each day
- Utilize online Company calendar system for school information
- Make all travel arrangements and preparations
- Fill out reports including monthly expense report and evaluations of schools
Educational Performer (Teacher / Presenter) Requirements:
- Some type of teaching or performance experience. Classroom management and improvisation ability a plus!
- Strong social, communication, and organizational skills
- Willing and able to work a 5-day a week set calendar with a high work ethic and "show must go on" mentality
- A reliable standard size car that will hold all equipment
- Safe living area with room to store equipment
- A valid driver's license
- Pass a DOJ background check
- Passion for educating and performing on a full-time basis
- Ability to work in a changing environment each day and to uphold Company policies with customers
- Be in good physical, mental, and emotional health
- Ability to "go with the flow" and be flexible when schools aren't prepared adequately
- Problem solver with ability to work independently while upholding Company policies and procedures
- Enthusiastic with the ability to make a day fun for students no matter the stress of traffic or grumpy adults
- Ability to manage difficult students in an encouraging way
If this describes you, click “apply” to start your career adventure with us!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Powered by JazzHR