If you have NVQ Level 3 and proven experience of caring for older people, and are looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Care UK as a Team Leader and make a real difference.
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers. Where you'll work At Orchard Day Centre we offer high quality service coupled with a warm welcome from our team.
Located close to Epsom in Surrey, Appleby House is a comfortable and welcoming home which offers a personalised approach to residential care and respite care for older people. We also have specialist expertise in caring for people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Every member of the Appleby House team gets to know each resident as an individual – for us this is an absolutely essential part of providing high quality, personalised care. We offer a very wide range of engaging and stimulating activities, from gardening and art to lively tea dances.
We know that it’s the small touches that make somewhere feel like home. So in our reception area you’ll find a cosy sitting room with lamps, ornaments and chairs arranged around a fireplace. And in the evenings we create a relaxing atmosphere by using table lamps, rather than overhead lights. Throughout Appleby House you’ll find thoughtful design features that stimulate the senses and help individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia to find their way around and feel at ease.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that