Company: CREATIVE FINANCIAL STAFFING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
A well respected International Arts Company in Grand Rapids is looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist!
Overseeing the Accounts Payable Department with the timely processing of payables for the US, Europe, and Asia market. The Sr. Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for receiving, entering, auditing, and paying vendor invoices.
- Manage confidential vendor spend for Corporate and International through the following activities:
- Match receipts to inventory items on invoices.
- Resolve any discrepancies. Process credits/debits as needed.
- Follow up on all outstanding issues with assigned vendors.
- Request and review statements sent by vendors.
- File open vouchers and closed payments
- Prepare checks and do weekly check runs.
- Complete month end account reconciliations for Accounts Payable and assist Corporate accounting with cash reconciliations.
- Aid with complex matters related to bill payment, vendor terms, inventory receipts, and any other payable matters.
- Responsible for the year end 1099 process including submissions to vendors and government agencies.
- Acts as a back up to the Associate Manager - Global Accounts Payable for processing global payments.
- Establish and maintain best practices with internal business partners regarding purchase order usage.
- Participate and assist with IT system project implementations affecting accounts payable.
- Assist with implementation of a revised weekly and monthly cash flow projection process.
- Pull and provide external auditors with sample selections.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Degree minimum: Associates or Bachelor Degree with Accounting Focus.
- Experience level: 3 years