Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) and to ensure that the customer's expectations are met in an efficient manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (This description is a general statement of required majoy duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continual basis. It does not exclude other duties that may be assigned.)
- Make certain that the QMS is established, implemented, maintained, and its effectiveness is continually improved.
- Responsible for maintaining records for internal quality audits, CAR/PAR program, and management review.
- Log and track all customer complaints for location and communicate on the status of complaints and/or corrective action requests.
- Monitor and measure product compliance to customer requirements to be sure customer's expectations are met and daily duties are performed in a timely manner.
- Fully responsible for data collection and analysis; Reporting out to upper management the quality performance daily, weekly, monthly and annually.
- Develop and facilitate the approval process of procedures and work instructions and other documentation to support the management system.
- Conduct or assist with training classes on various customer / QMS related topics.
- Communicate the quality policy to all people at the facility.
- Collect data and generate reports to maintain information board(s).
- Coordinate document and data control process and calibration program.
- Ensure that timely quality checks are performed per our quality plans.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and maintaining staff RAIL.
- Make recommendations by notifying supervisor, to correct problems that could hinder a machine's performance, reduce output, or affect quality.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Maintain Kaizen improvement (cost savings implementation) log and establish priorities on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that each kaizen event has a project leader, and that the project leader performs his/her duties as specified.
- Support Kaizen team's project leader in organizing team members, establishing objective and action item list.
- Attend Kaizen team meetings to insure team is staying focused and on task.
- Provide training on Kaizen process to project leaders and ISO Training of hourly operators.
- Verify the implementation of solutions
- Conform to all Quality/Safety Requirements and procedures.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping practices in production area.
- Practice proper safety techniques.
- Participate in the Continual Improvement Process for manufacturing and business processes.
- Record measurable cost reductions implemented and sustained on a monthly basis.
- Record and report on the number of sustained improvement events on a monthly basis (Reporting must include financial savings where applicable.)
- Waste reduction training and awareness.
- Oversee all lab test equipment.
- Oversee all lab test results and ensure they are recorded electronically and available for analysis.
- Identify trends in data and report out to appropriate personnel.
- Oversee all task for the technicians and in-line testing.
- Process and Product Audits.
- Conducting internal audits and assisting with external audits.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Product Specification Sheets.
- Participate in trail work with engineering and operations departments.
- Be sure customer's expectations are met and daily duties are performed in a timely manner.
- Follow all procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Education & Experience:
Must be at least 18 years of age to perform this job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or GED equivalent required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety - Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Good mechanical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Able to work accurately from verbal and written instructions.
Elite Comfort Solutions LLC, a specialty foam platform with a network of 16 production facilities, develops and produces specialty foam and flexible polyurethane form for furniture, bedding, home furnishings, medical, packaging, and specialty applications. Please see our website at #removed#
Role: Quality Assurance Technician
Apply for this job now.