Public Health Consultant
We are currently working with a well established local authority based in the West Midlands who are in need of the interim support of an Public Health Consultant to join their Team for six months initially on a remote working basis.
This role offers remote working and will be until for a minimum of six months with possible extensions. The client will consider both full and part time candidates.
Our client is looking for a consultant to lead on specific elements of the reactive components of the COVID response to protect health and reduce health inequalities.
- Responsible for the oversight of the management of three Place-Based Incident Management teams (IMTs) that have been established to provide locally tailored and comprehensive oversight of the COVID response within each District and Borough
- Adhere to the Principles and Priorities set out in the Local Outbreak Management Plan and work to ensure that these priorities are met
- Work closely with the Health Protection Consultant in identifying key areas of focus for each district and Borough
- Act as the main point of contact for IMT related queries and may be involved with Comms specific actions depending on the data, epidemiology and qualitative intelligence
- Take responsibility for Outbreak specific Incident Management Team Meetings
- Provide expert public health advice and leadership to support and inform an evidence-based approach to dealing with COVID in the context of the Government's Roadmap for exiting lockdown
- Qualified consultant in Public Health (either GMC Full or UKPHR), or demonstrable experience
- A good track record of working at a senior level in local government, managing staff and communicating complex information to a wide range of audiences will be a clear advantage
- In depth understanding of the health and care system and the relationships with both local national government
Duration: 6 months initially (possible extension)
Rate: Negotiable dependant on experience
For more information on this or other Local Gov Jobs, please in the first instance email your CV to the Midlands Local Gov Team at #removed# .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates. If you aren't currently looking for work but know of someone who is, please pass these details on.
Please note should this position not be applicable to you and you are currently looking for a new role, Venn Group recruit across the board within Local Government so send across your updated CV the Midlands Local Gov Team