Quality Control Chemist - Competitive - Hauppauge, NY
Do you have a BA/BS Degree in chemistry, microbiology, biology, biochemistry or equivalent? If so, American Health Formulations, a fast-growing nutraceutical company, have an opening for a Quality Control Chemist to take a forward step in their career.
Reporting to the Quality Control Manager, the successful candidate will inspect and sample incoming materials and in-process samples from production, alongside regular performance of analytical tests.
The key responsibilities of a Quality Control Chemist include, but are not limited to:
- Adapt, maintain and operate analytical instrumentation including regular calibration.
- Performing analytical tests on samples including: weight variation, UV visible spectroscopy, IR spectroscopy, high purity liquid chromatography, gas chromatography, dissolution, disintegration, hardness, friability, titration etc.
- Properly recording all data, as per SOPs.
American Health Formulations are a fast-growing nutraceutical company. We focus on the distribution, research development, and manufacturing of diverse natural, organic and niche ingredients.
As a premier contract manufacturer of Nutraceuticals, Dietary Supplements and OTC products dedicated to making ideas a reality, we work with the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, food, beverage, and cosmetic industries. We are also FDA registered, and operate under NSF cGMP certified guidelines.
The key skills and qualities of a Quality Control Chemist:
- BA/BS Degree in chemistry, microbiology, biology, biochemistry or equivalent.
- Attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet company deadlines.
- Ability to make judgement calls to ensure quality of products.
- Ability to communicate any issues or concerns with production personnel and Quality Control Manager.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.