A Business Intelligence Developer is urgently required for a leading management business who are going through one of the busiest periods since the company's records began. Working within a close-knit team you will be providing essential services to the business, highlighting areas for improvement and providing key company performance insights daily. With a pipeline of large-scale projects to complete, along with the day to day aspects of the position it's safe to say you won't be short on opportunities to showcase your talent.
Stemming from a strong academic background, this position is built for someone who readily roll's their sleeves up in the morning and isn't afraid of a challenge. Organisation and an eye for detail will be essential as you juggle a never-ending workload and being able to prioritise projects will be essential. Despite joining a collaborative team, you will be left to your own devices across a lot of projects and having the ability to learn on the job will be a key factor to your success.
What are the key responsibilities?
* Individually leading projects throughout their entire life cycle.
* Produce reports from complex large-scale data sets.
* Gather requirements from various stakeholders across the business.
* Ensure best practices are being upheld at all times
Key Skills and Experience
* 1+ Year experience in a Business Intelligence related position
* Strong SQL, SSRS, SSIS knowledge is essential.
* Excellent knowledge in Excel, VBA is required.
* Experiences in using Power BI, Tableau or any other Data Visualisation tools
* Any stakeholder engagement/requirements gathering experience would be beneficial
This is a rare opportunity to join a national enterprise who still have that family run feeling. Being the sole Business Intelligence Developer, you will be granted the freedom to work the way you want to work and allow you to put your own stamp on the position. You'll be exposed to all areas of the business and be utilising all pre-existing knowledge whilst picking up new technologies every step of the way.
If this sounds of interest, please contact Tom Edmondson at Cathcart Associates for more details.
Role: BI Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Glasgow, Lanarkshire,
Apply for this job now.