At LBMC, our business is built on individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have an innate curiosity for solving problems and creating solutions—LBMC the place for you. Jumping 8 places on Accounting Today's Top 100 List in 2021, LBMC values hiring individuals with a growth mindset. LBMC has continued to grow 20% over the past year across the firm and we are looking to add to our industry-leading practice.
This Senior Tax Accountant role is a great opportunity for anyone passionate about tax and is looking to step into a highly visible role with sophisticated clients. You would be joining a family-oriented office in the Knoxville area while receiving mentorship and support from seasoned industry professional in the greater Nashville market.
LBMC offers industry leading benefits including flexible work schedules and financial incentives for training and education. Unique to the public accounting space, LBMC offers professional growth opportunity through curated organizations such as the Young Professionals group, Women's Initiative Network, Lending Hands initiative, and Rising Stars program.
This role will give season tax professionals the opportunity to work on both business and individual tax returns. Leadership will support learning initiatives based on candidate interests and candidates will be exposed to a diverse set of client portfolios and industries.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Prepares returns and resolves tax questions for East Tennessee clients (Business & Individual)
- Able to work independently and make decisions on ordinary tax return matters in a consultative setting
- Set appointments with clients and assembles information to prepare or arrange for the preparation of federal, state and local returns
- Maintains control on time and charges. Recommends billing to supervisor, manager, or partner-in-charge for tax clients
- Oversees ad hoc tax planning, research, and consulting projects and engagements
- Adheres to the contents of the firm's processes and procedures including knowledge of the firm's policy on privacy and the CPA-client confidentiality privilege under Internal Revenue Code section 7525. Knows and follows the rules, regulations, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA (including the Statements on Standards for Tax Services), Treasury Department Circular 230, the Tennessee Society of CPAs, and the Tennessee Board of Public Accountancy
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Licensed CPA or 150 credit hours necessary to sit for the CPA exam
- 2+ years of progressive tax experience
- Exposure to leading and training less experienced tax staff members
- Willingness to work on-site in the Knoxville area/ or travel on-site as needed. Fully remote work will be offered to qualified candidates
Powered by JazzHR