Seven Nursing has a number of ad-hoc shifts available in the Stoke area.
You will be working closely with adults who are suffering from various mental health conditions to help them recover from their illness and improve their general quality of life. This role includes assessing patients, providing care/support, developing risk assessments, administering medication, managing patient documents and all other general nursing duties.
· Working within a multidisciplinary team delivering patient-centred care, whilst promoting and supporting service users and carer involvement.
· Responding to the needs of patients in an honest, non-judgemental and open manner, respecting the rights of individuals and groups.
· Planning implementation and evaluation of care plans for individual patients with challenging behaviours.
· Working closely and effectively with colleagues and external agencies to ensure that clinical services are delivered to the highest standard and in accordance with current evidence-based guidance.
· Delegating actions according to role and responsibility, while adhering to the policies and procedures necessary.
· Complete admission and discharge procedures and ensure the safety of the unit via risk assessments and the management of these.
· Understanding and co-ordinating the escort of patients, ensuring numbers and skills mix and that staff are appropriately and fully briefed on their required role; carry out assessments prior to leaving the ward.
· Ensure all medication is safely stored and locked away.
· Preparing nursing reports for ward rounds, CPA, clinical reviews and Mental Health Review Tribunal Hearings.
· Qualifications: A BSc (Hons) degree in mental health nursing.
· Experience: 2+ years working as an RMN within in the UK.
· Compliance: Up to date DBS and NMC registration.
MUST HAVE LTD COMPANY, BUSINESS ACCOUNT AND MANDATORY TRAINING.
Working with Seven Nursing:
We have been helping Nurses find temp, perm and ad-hoc roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK healthcare, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.