We are seeking to hire an experienced Senior Attorney with a minimum of 5-6 years'' post qualification experience to join our large legal function based in our EMEA Head Office in Hammersmith. The Department
Disney Media Distribution (DMD) handles the B2B distribution of all content generated by the Walt Disney Company and its affiliates, including Marvel, Lucas Film, Pixar, ABC Studios and Maker.
In the UK, the team works with local broadcast and digital partners such as BskyB, the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 , Channel 5 and Netflix to name a few - to bring compelling and creative Disney-branded and non-branded entertainment to viewers via a variety of platforms. The Role
The Senior Attorney acts as legal negotiator on licensing deals for television, channels and transactional services, as well as legal advisor on commercial/legal issues arising from licensing deals. The individual will also perform some advisory work on regulatory, intellectual property, anti-piracy and competition issues, and provide key flexible support for senior members of the team.
- Drafting and concluding license agreements, channel distribution agreements, format agreements, amendments and other legal documentation required by the business in EMEA
- Liaising with the sales teams in London and the overseas offices in relation to specific deals to provide support and guidance
- Being the first point of contact for queries from regional finance, marketing and technical representatives
- Working closely with Legal leads on key multi-document multi-year transactions
- Strengthening internal and external relationships in ways that benefit the business
- Helping to develop and maintain up-to-date templates for the full range of DMD licences
- Providing leadership and guidance on the implementation of best practice for drafting and the negotiation of key deal terms
- Taking a lead role in monitoring the output of Contract Managers and Administrators
- Coordinating research projects and pan-regional initiatives
- Maintaining awareness of industry and Legal developments
Other General Activities
- Developing a solid understanding of the business's and licensees' expectations and negotiating position through effective utilisation of cross-functional and cross-territory expertise
- Working with sales team to structure and support negotiation of agreements
- Drafting and completing license agreements within agreed timescales
- Working effectively with departmental colleagues on a cross-functional and cross-territory basis
- Keeping up to date with relevant legal developments and, where appropriate, taking opportunities to share that knowledge with colleagues
- Fostering a 'continuous improvement' culture, ensuring that policies and processes will protect the business
Suitable candidates will possess the following skills and experience:
Right to work
- Experienced commercial lawyer
- LLB or degree/LPC
- Qualified as a Solicitor or Barrister
- 5-6 year relevant PQE
- Detailed knowledge of Contract and Commercial Law
- Understanding of IP (Copyright) and Competition Law useful
- Television and/or digital media distribution experience or preferred
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.
At The Walt Disney Company, we're known for imagination, for innovation and for offering a variety of development opportunities. Here, you'll find a learning environment that encourages you to increase your engagement and assists you in reaching your goals.Imagine the stories you can be a part of…
See descriptionRole: Senior Attorney - Disney Media Distribution Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.