In light of the company’s growth a Staff Accountant position with the Accounting department has become available for a direct hire opportunity; reporting to and working hand in hand with the Controller.
- Responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Provide day to day analytical support to the accounting, inventory, sales and warehouse teams.
- Provide budgeting and forecasting support in terms of costing
- Verify vendors accounts by reconciling weekly vendor statements, research, and dispute discrepancies.
- Check sales orders and pick tickets against approved price lists & shipping documents.
- Coordinate with sales order processing team for all sales order related issues.
- Coordinate with warehouse team for all pick ticket related issues.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations. Prepare related journal entries if needed.
- Maintain monthly detailed reconciliations of assigned balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Create direct deposit slips, verify accuracy, make copies, and deliver to Controller’s office for approval and delivery to the bank
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Research and use accounting data to resolve accounting problems and discrepancies
- Apply customer payments to QuickBooks.
- Handle prepaid and credit card customer transactions.
- Issue refunds and record credit memo as needed.
- Perform day to day payment cycle activities and provide efficient client service.
- Keep track, process, and reconcile payments and expenditures, including contractor payments, purchase orders, invoices, statements, checks, refund requests etc., in compliance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Verify and ensure timely posting of bills and accuracy of payments in the accounting system.
- Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding, and matching of invoices/receipts.
- Call and email vendors to dispute charges that are incorrect.
- Continuously provide suggestions to improve payment process.
- Prepare weekly check runs by matching invoices to checks, obtain signatures, and mail or distribute the checks accordingly
- Manage and record company credit card charges and bank charges daily and perform bank accounts and credit cards reconciliation.
- Perform general administrative tasks and assist with month end closing and special projects assigned to fulfill business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- 3-5 Year progressive accounting experience
- Must have Quickbooks experience
- The ability to multi-task in a customer-oriented environment
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel-Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills highly desired
Role: Staff Accountant
Location: Garden Grove,
Apply for this job now.