GILBERT DISPLAYS, INC. , located in Melville, NY, is an established custom trade show exhibit and commercial interiors company currently seeking an experienced Project Manager. We are a fast paced, results oriented company with a fun, casual and dynamic culture generating high standards of quality. As a company providing critical products and services to some of the biggest brands in the world, we rely on the excellence of every member of our staff.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating projects on budget, through collaboration with estimators, account managers and department leaders. This includes activities concerned with the construction of commercial interiors for high-end luxury retail stores, among other branded or exhibit environments. The project manager participates in the development of new projects and oversees their planning, organization, scheduling and production. This position is exciting and allows for a wide range of control and the freedom to make critical decisions affecting the outcome of the projects you are accountable for.
We are looking for team members who inspire their colleagues each day with their dedication to our mission, who succeed at work and raise the bar of excellence. We want individuals who truly and visibly embody our Core Values:
ü Fear the Average: Our team always goes above and beyond, and never settles for just OK. It’s what separates us, keeps us hungry, and keeps our clients coming back.
ü Use Your Passion: We look for people who are passionate about their trade or work, and who naturally apply that to their jobs. If you’re not engaged, you’re not at your best.
ü Be Humbly Confident: We’re experts in our field, and we’re not shy about it. We speak up to guide our clients in the right direction for them. At all times, we remember that we only exist because of them, and make sure to always show our gratitude for their faith in us.
ü Keep It Fun: At the end of the day, what we do is awesome. We’re creative and unique. Our business is all about growing businesses. Our work is challenging to begin with, so we’re prepared to make just about everything else a serious joke.
ü Happy to Do It: Our fastest growers and highest flyers all have one thing in common: they keep their eye on the prize. When there’s something to be done, whether for client or coworker, they jump in with a smile to help accomplish the goal.
ü Achieve Together: There are no islands here. Regardless of position, seniority, or experience, at one point or another we all end up huddled over a project attacking a common challenge. In our world, the best solutions live in left-field. Whether you throw one out or offer your buy-in, it all comes down to the support of the team.
- Collaborate with account management to discern client needs.
- Collaborate with the design, estimating, detailing and production departments to ensure all projects remain within design constraints on budget and within feasible construction capabilities.
- Do take-offs on materials and submit purchase requisitions for all required materials and goods including any outside vendor services.
- Create and track project timelines, ensure that the project is delivered on time.
- Coordinate, review and approve drawings including, but not limited to, set-ups, electrical, carpet, and shop/construction drawings.
- Liason with all departments; Graphics, Shipping, Installation, Production, Design and Estimating.
- Must meet customer’s agreed upon project completion dates.
- Provides effective leadership
- Drives issues to resolution using escalation where appropriate
- Continually explore opportunities to add value to both process and job accomplishments
- Extensive collaboration and communication with project vendors.
- Required travel to customer sites and trade events when and where necessary.
- 3-5 years of project management experience in a fast-paced, multiple-priority creative manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to read a floor plan and shop/construction drawings.
- Must be experienced with exhibits and/or custom millwork.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Must be a natural multi-tasker who thrives under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be an extremely organized, thorough and detail oriented.
- Position requires an energetic positive attitude with the ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Must demonstrate a strong collaborative attitude and work well in a team environment.
- You must enjoy innovating around unique challenges and be self-motivated.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- PMI certification a plus.
- Experience using AutoCAD a plus.
- AutoCAD: 1 year
- Project Management: 5+ years
- Reading floor plans: 3 years
- Reading shop/construction drawings: 3 years
- Exhibits and/or custom millwork: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) highly desired, but not required
Gilbert, located in Melville, NY, is an established custom trade show and commercial interiors company with a national reach. We are architects of image and brand building and recognized for our ability to consistently exceed our clients’ expectations. We are a fast paced, results oriented company with a dynamic culture creating exceptional quality products for our clients.
As a company providing critical products and services to some of the biggest brands in the world, we rely on the excellence of every member of our staff to continuously exceed our own standards and our clients’ expectations.
We are looking for team members who inspire their colleagues each day with their dedication to the mission, who succeed at work and raise the bar of excellence. We want individuals who truly and visibly embody our Core Values:
Fear the Average: Always goes above and beyond; never settles for just ok
Use Your Passion: Visibly passionate about their trade or work; applies this to their job
Be Humbly Confident: Not afraid to make themselves heard when they are knowledgeable in a topic and have constructive input; genuinely values others’ ideas and input
Keep It Fun: Has a great attitude and brings good energy to work
Happy To Do It: Always genuinely willing to do what is needed; never avoids or complains about work
Achieve Together: Works great in teams; guides coworkers, clients, and/or vendors in a respectful and encouraging way; always does their part
Role: Project Manager
Apply for this job now.