- Helps coordinate all quality control tests and checks for the company.
- Responsible for purchasing laboratory supplies and inventory.
- Proposes improved formulations and prepares timelines to update throughout the development and modification process.
- Iterates with formulations of cementitious and polymeric based products to continuously improve product function and cost.
- Compares the company's products' performance against other similar products in the market to find potential weaknesses or shortcoming in the company's products and suggests modifications based on the analysis.
- Support new product development head department and allocate appropriate laboratory resources.
- Tests new raw materials proposed by vendors to evaluate the effects on performance and cost.
- Meets with raw material and other chemical vendors to receive recommendations on the usage of new products that are made available to the company.
- Establishes critical-to-quality metrics and functional requirements for chemicals and additives used in the company's products.
- Maintain all laboratory equipment in proper working conditions, make suggestions on new required equipment; Test different pigmented products upon customer request.
- Elaborate testing and technical reports on retained test samples in response to product claims.
- Test and investigate claims to find the root problem by taking product samples that the sales team brings from the field.
- Perform evaluations with technician assistance on current lab tests methodology as required by industry standards or specific project requirements.
- Lead regular project review meetings with R&D Central Manager.
- Works as an active team member of cross functional project teams with Manufacturing, Sales and Technical Support within the company and along the global organization.
- Complete company required documentation in connection with project assignment including laboratory notebooks, project reports, and new or revised product specifications.
- Convey findings to management team and all associates to prevent future customer satisfaction failures.
Education and training:
Bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Material Engineering
4 - 5 years experience in related Research and Development fields
We manufacture in Texas and sell our products through distribution across Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana. We believe that exceptional customer service is the key to our business. We believe in a collaborative culture and teamwork.
Role: Research and Development Chemist
Apply for this job now.