Addiction Admission Coordinator
This position is responsible for speaking with potential clients and obtaining pertinent information to complete all intake documents. Being able to communicate program details and gather necessary information in a effective and professional manner is essential. Day-to-day responsibilities may vary.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
• Answer phone calls for referral to treatment.
• Obtain personal information from a caller for financial obligations, medical/mental health necessities, legal obligations, family/social support, employment/employer information.
• Interact with individuals and their families who have suffered effects of drug addiction and who may have Mental Health issues.
• Provide accurate information on the process of addiction and recovery to clients and their families.
• Complete all intake documents, prepare and develop treatment file.
• Complete drug and alcohol assessment and develop individualized treatment plan in collaboration with client.
• Assess treatment eligibility as determined by the criteria for admission, insurance policies, etc.
• Greets new arrivals and meets with residents and parents as needed.
• Conducts orientation for new arrivals as needed.
• Responsible for obtaining reports from outside professionals (referring physician, hospital, treatment facility).
• Assure that all clinical intake forms are completed and signed.
• Collect ID and insurance information from patients.
• Take patient photo and file in patient chart during intake.
• Give client handbook and explain weekly schedule and phase petitions.
• Add new patients and maintain active patients in the BestNotes system.
• Contact family upon admission (if needed).
• Reviews intake with assigned therapist or program director.
• Create, assist, update, maintain, and close clinical charts.
• Send admissions/discharge/hospitalization/absent forms when needed.
• Submit intake and discharge documents to insurance company.
• Maintain and update nutrition assessments for active patients.
• Acts as liaison for referral sources (provides updates on admission and discharge information to referral source).
• Updates forms as needed.
• Responsible for confidentiality of all records and information as required by law.
• Conducts other activities as required or requested by the Intake Director.
• Responsible for administrative duties and tours of clinical suite when necessary.
• Document, monitor, and follow through with daily responsibilities of program activities.
• Comply with HIPPA and other mandates regarding client care and confidentiality.
• Adhere to ethical obligations and duties regarding professional conduct with clients, colleagues and organizations.
• Special Projects as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
• Three or more years of verifiable experience as an intake coordinator role.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• Valid Drivers License
• Previous experience in a recovery related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of substance abuse related issues and the recovery process.
• Ability to assess for substance abuse using valid assessment tools.
• Knowledge of the recovery field including the recovery practices and the 12-step process.
• Ability to maintain ethical and professional boundaries with clients and staff members.
• Knowledge of the process and signs of acute withdrawal from substances.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Knowledge of HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
• Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• CPR certification.
Role: Addiction Admissions Coordinator
Apply for this job now.