This position has the responsibility and will be accountable for providing the necessary services to repair and maintain the facility and equipment for flexible packaging manufacturer. Maintenance technicians are vital meeting production goals and customer and internal specifications with regard to quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness. The qualified candidate must have in depth troubleshooting skills with pneumatic and hydraulic systems. Experience
1st shift: 6am - 2pm, 2nd shift: 2pm - 10pm. Both positions Monday - Friday. Must be available to be on call one weekend each month.
- Ensure Maintenance Department compliance with all Company Quality System, Operational, and Human Resource policies, procedures, and practices, including safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Maintain all facility safety devices and insure they are in proper working condition.
- Maintain all safety equipment to OSHA and company standards.
- Maintain all production equipment in a safe and proper operating condition to ensure maximum line productivity.
- Perform machine set up as needed on all equipment.
- Perform mechanical and electrical machine repairs.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues as necessary.
- Assist production to improve process enhancements and changeover efficiency
- Perform machine installations and modifications as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all production and support equipment.
- Communicate with department heads and production personnel about proper operation of equipment and future upgrades.
- Identify and record quality related problems and recommend solutions to prevent nonconformance.
- Assures any/all maintenance activities are completed in a safe manner, effectively and expeditiously
- Controls maintenance costs relating to purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs
- Understanding of GMP's, continuous improvement and Quality Control
- MUST be flexible to work all shifts and available for weekend overtime as necessary.
- Perform facility maintenance and maintain a clean and safe work area
- Generate and complete work orders as needed
- Request, maintain and organize spare parts
- Interact in a professional manner with employees, vendors and contractors.
- Ensure compliance to EPA, FDA, and OSHA requirements.
- Perform other assignments as required by management.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years previous mechanical and electrical background
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate within a team environment.
Always take ownership and be accountable for your actions. This job description is a tool for you to follow while at ProAmpac. Other job duties may be assigned to you, this outline is not to be considered a detailed description and you may have other duties/projects assigned to meet business needs. Good and reliable attendance, positive attitude and at or above job specific metrics and/or goals will reflect on your annual review. Always take ownership of your job and team.
ProAmpac provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
EOE - M/F/Vets/Disability
ProAmpac is the world's leader in creative flexible packaging. We passionately create and bring to market new packaging designed to advance our customer's brands and value globally.
ProAmpac drives packaging transformation and performance by strategically creating packages that are more innovative, progressive and dynamic than those used by competitive brands.
ProAmpac's comprehensive approach to packaging is a balance of rigorous, technology-driven thinking and exceptional creativity.
Role: Maintenance Technician - 1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available
Location: Hanover Park,
Apply for this job now.