The Plymouth Rock Group of Companies writes or manages more than $1 billion in P&C insurance across the Northeast and New Jersey. Our companies are committed to a data-driven culture that is focused on improving our business through rigorous analysis. Our business team is looking for a Data Management Technical Lead that works with all our companies to provide data solutions that meet business needs resulting from various systems and product changes across multiple lines of business.
The primary focus for this role will be to analyze business needs and translate those needs into a data solution. It involves working with all our business disciplines and serving as a partner to our IT organization. This role requires strong interpersonal, consensus-building, communication and technical skills and the drive to have a detailed understanding of our business operations as well as a strong technical background. Occasional travel between our New Jersey and Massachusetts office locations is required.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Analyze business needs by coordinating business & IT project discussions as well as the review of detailed business requirements
- Create and document data solutions that meet business needs across various levels of data including raw data stores, datawarehouse, and aggregated Business Intelligence data stores
- Summarize and depict complex business issues and their required data solution to varied audiences
- Assist in creating source to target data mapping and transformation rules
- Provide direction, leadership and hands-on assistance in implementing best data management practices to ensure valid and clean data as well as descriptive, structural and administrative metadata
- The right candidate has the opportunity to provide direction on the roll-out of our newest Business Intelligence tool and data stores
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working experience with relational databases
- 3+ years working experience in data mapping and transformation
- 3+ years working experience in programming
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to apply data management best practices within multiple platforms
- High proficiency in writing Microsoft SQL queries
- Working knowledge of IBM DB2 & Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of various Business Intelligence tools
- Experience in Property & Casualty Insurance
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize and drive to details
- Demonstrated collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills
About Plymouth Rock
Plymouth Rock is a leading auto insurance provider serving more than 650,000 customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New Hampshire. Tapping into its 30+ years of industry experience, Plymouth Rock has pioneered a new way to do car insurance for consumers. Combining the local knowledge and expertise of independent agents, with the power and ease of doing business online, Plymouth Rock has changed the insurance lifecycle by giving consumers choice to do business the way they want.
Plymouth Rock is headquartered across from South Station in Downtown Boston, with offices across New England and New Jersey. With more than $1 billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, the Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,500 people and writes insurance through 800+ independent agents. Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation holds an A.M. Best rating of A-/Excellent.
Role: Data Management Technical Lead
Apply for this job now.