We are currently seeking a hands-on VP of Engineering will coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the design, development and manufacturing implementation of products and parts as necessary. This includes both new and existing parts and products.
It’s time to be part of Globe Composite Solutions
Do you have an appetite for exponential growth? Globe is growing and we would be thrilled to have you be a part of our team.
We are seeking people who are passionate, action-oriented, likes to solve problems and are lifelong learners.
Come be a part of our team!
The Engineering Manager will have four teams:
- · Design Engineers
- · Model Shop Machinists
- · Tool Makers
- · Materials Development Engineer
- · Schedules engineering work load in such a manner that the most efficient utilization of engineering resources is achieved while ensuring the timely accomplishment of quality work.
- · Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility and manufacturability of design or application.
- · Analyzes customer needs and system requirements, supervise new product designs to support customer requirements and determine feasibility within time and cost constraints.
- · Provides application support for customer issue resolution.
- · Maintains project schedule by monitoring Project Manager progress, coordinates activities and resolves problems. Ensure that all department employees use CRM to track projects in process.
- · Acts as the liaison between Globe Composite Solutions, Ltd. and customers, ensuring the highest level of customer service. Provides engineering support to customers and sales representatives. Provides onsite customer support.
- · Provides support for Design Engineers, Model Shop technicians and machinists as directed by workload and available resources.
- · Supervises Engineers to ensure documentation and drawings are created accurately, consistently and in a timely fashion.
- · Establishes and maintains ongoing training for the subordinates reporting to this position.
- · Makes technical presentations to internal staff, company representatives, suppliers, vendors and external customers.
- · Assists with sales effort whenever the specific knowledge or expertise required by the position.
- · Ensures that all product process modifications are accurately estimated, documented and communicated in a timely manner.
- · Assists in the review of and proposes new processes, materials and equipment that will help ensure production efficiencies and maximizes company profits.
- · Maintains configuration of product physical, performance, and functional attributes with its requirements throughout its life-cycle.
- · Will actively evaluate outsourcing alternatives where capacity or cost considerations are evident.
- 7-10 years of overall engineering experience, 3+ or more spent in building product and managing and scaling teams
- Experience with complex part designs and prior knowledge of product development is required.
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining highly organized, optimistic, and goal focused. High energy and contagious enthusiasm help too.
- Communication – You should have the ability to speak and write clearly, concisely, and compellingly. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must.
- A bias towards action, seeking constructive feedback from customers, peers, and your team, and measurement and iteration are part of your natural process.
- Proven track record of demonstrating ability to scale and build large engineering teams from scratch (3+ years building & managing engineering teams)
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required. Advanced technical degree or MBA is preferred.
Globe Composite Solutions is a fast-growing technology company located just south of Boston serving Fortune 1000 customers with high-performance composite components. We have built a solid reputation as an innovative provider of cost-effective composite-based solutions to our defense and industrial customers around the world.
Globe Composite Solutions is a well-established, fast growing technology company South of Boston serving Fortune 1000 customers by designing, engineering and manufacturing high performance composites for defense and industrial applications. We have built a solid reputation among our customer base as an innovative and reliable provider of cost-effective composite-based solutions.
Role: VP of Engineering ( For Manufacturing Firm)
Apply for this job now.