Company: ASPHALT SPECIALISTS, INC.
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
TKMS Trucking is currently looking for a Diesel Mechanic with a minimum of 2 years' experience in heavy-duty truck and trailer maintenance; or have a 2 year Diesel/Auto Technical School Degree. The Diesel Mechanic must have the ability to perform mechanical repairs with minimal supervision. Willing to work any shift.
- Ability to perform repairs such as clutch replacements or differential replacements with minimal supervision.
- Entry-level laptop and diagnostic ability.
- Ability to supervise lower level mechanics.
- Completion of mechanic skills written test.
- Operates variety of hand and power tools, shop equipment and machining tools.
- Maintain acceptable productivity rate with clean and safe work environment.
- Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to climb, bend and stoop to inspect, repair and perform maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain positive relationship with all employees.
- Self-motivated with own tools.
Candidate should have strong work ethic and the proven ability to maintain and repair diesel trucks and equipment. Ability to safely work in fast-paced environment and maintain a positive working relationship with all employees. MDOT certificate preferred by not required.