We are looking for awesome Respite workers to join our Team!
Provides clients with quality care and assistance in the absence of their parents/guardians, in the families homes and or one of Broward Children’s Center facilities. Duties may vary from skilled nursing care to behavioral intervention and other services as directed by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year of childcare experience, preferably with special needs population. PCM training/experience preferred
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole is helpful.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Florida Driver's License
HIV Course, 1st Aide, OSHA, Medication Certification
CPR, Current Auto Insurance
A Confidentiality Agreement is required and must be signed upon commencement of service.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to clients, family members and other agency personnel. Ability to write simple correspondence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
1. To care for and assist children in exercising maximum independence in daily living skills.
2. To assist children with feeding, dressing, toileting and bathing.
3. To engage the client in appropriate developmental activities.
4. Responds appropriately when seizures, injuries or accidents occur
a. Completes appropriate paperwork for each event.
5. Converses with parents about child's special needs prior to visit and inform them of important events from visit at end of shift, time sheets & shift notes. (Emergency numbers, medication profile update, etc.)
6. Converse with parents about child's special needs when child is dropped off (Emergency numbers, medication profile update, etc.)
7. Complete child's inventory check list for any client staying overnight.
8. Prepare and serve food and formulas.
9. Record food and fluid intake (menu log).
10. Prepare and administer medications as directed by plan of care (certification required).
11. Perform special treatment as needed, i.e. tube feeding (certification required).
12. Reports abuse of clients or suspected abuse to Director/Supervisor and to the Abuse Registry if deemed appropriate by Director/Supervisor.
13. Make written and/or oral reports/recommendations to the Respite department concerning the status and care of the clients.
14. Periodically review the department's policies and procedure manuals.
15. Notifies respite department immediately of any assignment cancellations. (Three cancellations are permitted)
16. Completes and turns in all time sheets to respite department within 24 to 48 hours or as designated by supervisor.
17. Attend and participate in scheduled in-service trainings and staff meetings
18. Maintain a clean, safe and sanitary environment for clients and family members.
19. Maintain the rights and privacy of all clients and their families.
20. Confirms assignments with families 2-3 days prior to In Home Respite visit.
21. Ensures rights and privacy to all families.
22. Calls 911 in the incident of a serious or life-threatening situation with following calls to parents and Respite department via cell.
23. Assists/monitors children in taking prescribed medication, if qualified to do so with parental consent.
24. Reviews details of respite visits with parent(s) during signing of time sheets.
25. Performs other duties as specifically assigned by the supervisor.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Since 1971, Broward Children’s Center, located in Pompano Beach, Florida, has been providing medical, educational, therapeutic, recreational, daily living, and advocacy services through our network of care to infants, children, and young adults with special health care needs.
As a private, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we have never underestimated the ability of young people to overcome challenges, heal, learn, and most of all, flourish.
Our mission at BCC is to respond to the unique needs of every child through programs that promote privacy, respect, independence, dignity, and engagement (PRIDE.) By listening to and learning from the children and families we serve, we have grown from a single-program establishment to one that serves over 1,200 individuals each year.
As we look to the future, Broward Children’s Center remains focused on delivering the highest quality care necessary to ensure that each individual is given every opportunity to thrive and succeed.
Role: Respite Care Worker
Location: Dania Beach,
Apply for this job now.